David Wilhelm, DDS, is a board-certified cosmetic dentist with more than 35 years of experience. At Newport Dental Arts, Dr. Wilhelm provides exceptional dental care to the community of Newport Beach, California. He focuses on delivering high-quality treatment in a relaxing, comfortable environment.
Dr. Wilhelm graduated from the University of Pacific School Dentistry in San Francisco, California, before completing his cosmetic dentistry training. He went on to obtain a fellowship certification and associate fellowship certification from the World Clinical Laser Institute. His training gave Dr. Wilhelm the tools to perform Biolase® laser treatments with extreme precision.
With laser dentistry, Dr. Wilhelm can perform a number of dental procedures with minimal discomfort, pain, and a shorter recovery period. Teeth whitening, gum reshaping, and tooth decay removal are just a few treatments Dr. Wilhelm can perform with the Biolase laser.
Along with laser dentistry, Dr. Wilhelm specializes in placing state-of-the-art porcelain veneers, dental implants, and same-day crowns. He also offers Invisalign® for individuals who want to straighten their teeth and correct bite problems without the inconvenience of traditional metal braces.
Providing the comforts of home is part of the foundation of Dr. Wilhelm’s practice. He stocks his office with fresh-baked cookies and coffee and invests in high-end massage chairs for his patients. He also uses sterilized water when treating his patients to minimize the risk of bacteria.
Outside of Newport Dental Arts, Dr. Wilhelm is a member of several professional organizations, including the Orange County Dental Society, the California Dental Society, the American Dental Society, the Orange County Dental Academy, and he is also on the Board of Directors for the Orange County Dental Academy.
Dr. Wilhelm also served on the Orange County Dental Society peer review committee as a committee member and peer review committee chairman. His professional affiliations allow Dr. Wilhelm to stay abreast of the latest technological advancements and techniques in cosmetic dentistry, so he can provide his patients with the most contemporary care available.
• Graduate of the University of Pacific School Dentistry, San Francisco
• Member of the Orange County Dental Society
• Member of the California Dental Society
• Member of the American Dental Society
• Served on the Orange County Dental Society peer review committee as a committee member and as peer review committee chairman
• Member of the Orange County Dental Academy
• Member of the Board of Directors for the Orange County Dental Academy
• Associate Fellowship Certification from the World Clinical Laser Institute
• Fellowship Certification from the World Clinical Laser Institute